Terms & Conditions
About our Terms and Conditions
This page provides information about who we are and the legal terms and conditions that may apply to your use of hewittsofcroydon.com and any product or service you order from us.
Part 1 : Information About Hewitts
If you want to ask us anything (whether about our products and services, this website, any of our terms and conditions or otherwise), then please contact us
The Website Terms apply to your use of the Hewitts website at www.hewittsofcroydon.com (the "Website") and to any order you place on the Website. The Website Terms apply regardless of how you access the Website, including any technologies or devices by which Hewitts makes the Website available to you at home, on the move or in store. You must read these Website Terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using, registering with, or placing an order on the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Website Terms in their entirety, please do not use this Website.
Your use of this website
You may only use this Website for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the Website.
You may not, without our prior written consent, copy, reproduce, crawl, frame, republish, download, print, post, distribute, re-post, broadcast, record, transmit, edit, communicate to the public, link to, deep-link into, or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the website or the computer codes or elements comprising the Website other than solely for your own personal or internal business use. You may not use the content of the Website for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Use of this website from outside the UK
Except where otherwise specified on this Website, the materials on this Website are displayed solely for the purposes of promoting Hewitts' products and services available in the UK. Hewitts at this time does not accept orders for delivery to locations outside of the UK. At any point that this policy does change delivery outside the UK will be subject to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions. Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside the UK are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyright and other intellectual property rights, in and to this Website are owned by or licensed to Hewitts of Croydon.
Your use of the Website and its contents grants no rights to you in relation to our intellectual property rights, or that of third parties, in the Website or its contents. By submitting information (other than your personal data), text, photos, graphics or other content to the website you confirm that you have the right to use the same and grant us a right to use such materials at our own discretion (with or without accreditation) in any media including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, disclose, post and remove such materials from the website.
You further agree to execute all such documents and do all such acts and things as we may reasonably require in order to assign any such rights to us and to waive any moral rights you acquire in or to the Website.
Guidelines for Product Reviews, Question and Answer
Please read and understand the terms below before posting a product review or any other user generated content on our Website and social media sites
Ownership of Submissions
Social networking sites
Intellectual Property Rights
A disclosure, submission or offer of any Submissions and your agreement to these terms and conditions shall constitute an assignment to Hewitts of any intellectual property rights. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, including questions, or to make contact with other users of our site or to make Submissions on any Hewitts related third party website or page, you must comply with the content standards set out below and these terms. Any third-party advertising on Hewitts pages of third party social networking sites are not the responsibility of, or endorsed by Hewitts. All rights, including copyright on Hewitts pages are owned by or licensed to Hewitts of Croydon. Any use of any Hewitts social networking pages or their contents, including copying or storing them in whole or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of Hewitts. By making a Submission you confirm that the Submission is your own and that the content does not infringe the material, trade marks or intellectual property of others.
Any material you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any material in the Submissions for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site or any Hewitts related third party social networking site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Website. We have the right to remove any Submissions you make on our Website if, in our opinion, such Submission does not comply with the content standards set out below.
Rules for Submissions
You must be 18 years of age or older and registered to post a submission. Suppliers or manufacturers are not eligible to post a submission.
Please be polite and only write in English. If you require an immediate response from us or have a comment about our service please contact us directly.
Submissions should not include:
- profanity, blasphemy, spiteful, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous or discriminatory comments or content that might be considered to be harassment, abuse or threats against the personal safety or property of others
- comments about other reviewers or bloggers
- remarks that repeat criminal accusations, false, defamatory or misleading statements
- material which impersonates others or personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses or credit card numbers
- spam or advertising
- third party brand names or trade marks
- HTML code, computer script or website URLs
- availability, price or alternative ordering or delivery information
- information about Hewitts suppliers or manufacturers
Hewitts, in it's absolute discretion, reserves the right to not publish the Submission or remove it, take any appropriate action if deemed necessary or remove reviews which relate to seasonal products which are no longer in season. Please let us know if you see any Submissions which do not comply with our rules.
Accuracy of content
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Hewitts disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party.
The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of Hewitts.
If Internet Explorer is being used to access this website please ensure to use Internet Explorer 11 as no other version is being updated by Microsoft. This affects the accuracy of content and cannot be rectified by us should an error occur from access from a non-updated browser.
Damage to your computer or other device
Hewitts uses reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website (including any content on it or any website accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right equipment (including antivirus software) to use the Website safely and to screen out anything that may damage or harm your computer or other device. Except where required by applicable law, Hewitts shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Website.
Links to other websites
We have placed links on this Website to other websites we think you may want to visit. We do not vet these websites and do not have any control over their contents. Except where required by applicable law, Hewitts cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
Exclusions of liability
We exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and terms (whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise) to the fullest extent permitted by law. We accept no liability for any losses or damages which are not reasonably foreseeable arising out of or in connection with these Website Terms or your use of the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. Hewitts shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
These exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Nothing in these Website Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. In addition, these Website Terms shall not limit or exclude any other liability that we are not permitted to limit or exclude under applicable law.
Other legal notices
There may be legal notices on other areas of this Website which relate to your use of the Website, all of which will, together with these Website Terms govern your use of this Website.
Third party rights
Only you and HEWITTS shall be entitled to enforce these Website Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Website Terms, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These Website Terms set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Law, jurisdiction and language
Any matter(s) that arise out of your use of this Website (including any contract entered between you and us through the Website) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts shall be concluded in English.
Changes to these Website Terms
We reserve the right to change and update these Website Terms from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Website Terms that apply to your use of the Website. By continuing to access, browse and use this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Website Terms.
Part 3 : General Terms and Conditions of Sales
These general terms and conditions of sale ("General Terms and Conditions of Sale") apply to any order you place through www.hewittsofcroydon.com (the "Website"). These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply regardless of how you access the Website, including via any technologies or devices by which Hewitts makes the Website available to you at home, on the move or in store. You must read these General Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order through the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety. If you do not agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product or service through the Website.
- Opening an account and placing an order
- Acceptance of an order
- Cardholder authenticity, payment errors and non acceptance of orders
- Stock Levels
- Delivery and Collection
- Collection from Store
- Internation Delivery
- Changes to your order
- Your right to cancel
- Our goodwill refund policy
- Sales & Discounts
- Returns to the store
- Free delivery over £150
- Product and service description
- Age restricted products
- Product guarantees
- Gift cards and e-gift cards/voucher codes
- Loyalty Reward Stickers
- £50 Loyalty Reward Voucher
- Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers
- Other Services
- Assignment, waiver and third party rights
Opening an Account and Placing an Order
You confirm that all information and details provided by you to us (including on registration) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your details at any time by going to My Account.
When you create an account we may provide you with and/or ask you to use passwords or other means to allow you to access certain areas of the Website and/or to maintain your account security. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account information. Hewitts shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. Should you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your password or account please contact us.
Acceptance of your order
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we despatch the product(s) or commencement of the services that you ordered from us.
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge that we have received and are processing your order. The duration of our contract with you will start from when you order and we take payment and dispatch the products, until the last day of your right to cancel.
If we cannot supply you with the product you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including email) and, if you have already paid for the product or service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
If an item you ordered is out of stock you will automatically be placed on back order and you will be sent an email informing you of this. The email will communicate a projected delivery or availability date where possible. You have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. We take payment immediately for all products. In the event an item is out of stock, payment will still be taken and you will automatically be placed on back order for the item(s). You will be sent an email communicating a projected delivery or availability date where possible. You have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund at any time by contacting us on email@example.com.
All products ordered will remain the property of Hewitts until we have delivered the products to the address specified by you or they have been collected in store. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for or return those products to us in accordance with our reasonable return instructions and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
Cardholder Authenticity, Payment Errors and Non acceptance of your orders
There are seldom instances where we are unable to take payment for your order. This may be due to security measures that do not correspond or completely match up with the online banking details required or inputted, resulting in the inability to proceed with payment or process of the order.
This may be due to inputting errors such as keying in a delivery address instead of your billing address for payment, or typing the wrong number sequence for your card details, or security code etc. At any time payment is rejected due to an error, funds will not be received by Hewitts of Croydon. When this occurs we will contact you to confirm your details and if you would like to proceed with the order.
In a case of fraud the proper authorities will be informed and procedures implemented to combat it. Hewitts of Croydon reserves the right to reject orders that we consider fraudulent.
Hewitts may not always accept orders due to the result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock or has been discontinued
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
The website does not currently display our stock levels. We will endeavour to list products that are out of stock but this may not be exclusive to every product. Items purchased with us may not be available due to frequently changing stock levels. In the event that an item you have ordered is out of stock we will automatically place the item on back order for you. You will be contacted via email to inform you of this and we will communicate a projected delivery or availability date where possible. You have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delivery and Collection
Delivery (including delivery charges and timescales)
Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the type of products ordered, the service you select and the delivery address. You’ll find full details of our delivery charges here
Please note that certain products and services may be subject to alternative delivery charges, restrictions and/or timescales.
- We currently only deliver in the UK or provide in store collection as specified in your order
- All risk including risk of loss and/or damage to the products shall pass on to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order
- We are under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control
- In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable legislation. For further information about your legal rights see “Your Right to Cancel” section below and contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for UK customers).
Collection from Store
When collecting in store you will need to bring a minimum of TWO of the following requirements:
An email confirmation of the purchase made with us, Photo Identification, Proof of Address and/or the Card that you made the purchase with. You will also have to sign for the goods as confirmation of collection. We will send you an email when your order is ready to be collected from the store.
Hewitts does not currently ship internationally; this may be subject to change.
Where the supply of your product(s) or service(s) is delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control (for example, material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand) we will make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
Changes to your order
Any changes to your order must be notified to us in writing, via email or by telephone within a reasonable time. If you amend or change your order you may find there are changes to your delivery timetable and / or the price you pay for the item (you will be charged the current selling price on the day you amend your order)
To make any changes to your order, please call us on 0208 680 4555 / 0208 688 1830 (lines are open 9.30 am – 6 pm Monday - Saturday).
Your right to cancel
If you are contracting with us as a consumer online or by phone, you have the right to cancel (under the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83 as implemented in the applicable EU member state ("CRD"), all or part of your contract at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the goods or services you ordered. Any paid delivery charge will not be included in your refund. Once we have received all (not part) of your order to the specified address below. Hewitts will process your refund with 14 days of receipt of the products, to the specified address. You must take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession and they must be returned to us before we can issue your refund.
Specified Returns Address:
45 – 51 Church Street
For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau if you are in the UK).
If you wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) a product or service you have ordered and received from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the CRD available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services (for example made to measure items, swimwear (for hygiene reasons), any products with a seal where the seal is broken.
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery then you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation or if you are unable to view the items on receipt, you must inform us (by post, phone or email only) within a reasonable period of time. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied.
- Damage during the course of returning products: If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- Other cancelled products: If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us of this within 14 calendar days the day after you receive the goods or services in accordance with the CRD or otherwise as soon as possible. You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel. Products should be returned in or with their original packaging.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the CRD. Full details of your rights under the CRD are available in the UK from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office.
In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a replacement product. Any refunds given by us will be made to the debit/credit card account provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged on return or for which we arrange collection, as outlined above.
Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us.
Our Goodwill Refund Policy
Our “goodwill” refund policy does not affect your legal rights under the CRD or other legislation.
Our “goodwill” refund or exchange policy (where there is no legal right to a refund or exchange under the CRD or otherwise) is offered on a case by case basis on clothing and other products that are returned in a resalable condition with a receipt or parcel summary document.
Exclusions to "goodwill" refund policy: gift vouchers, made to measure items such as special skirts and blazers, altered clothing and embroidered names on clothing. These products can only be returned in accordance with your legal rights (for example, if they are not fit for purpose or not as described). Some of these items may have their own terms and conditions which will be provided to you at the time of purchase. Swimwear can be returned as long as any hygiene seals are still intact.
If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
Sales & Discounts
Sale items are subject to availablity and on a 'while stocks last' basis. All discounted items are 'End of Line' stock therefore we are unable to accept any orders on reduced items. Hewitts will not accept any refunds on reduced and/or discounted stock. Hewitts reserve the right to refuse the sale of any items that are not part of the 'End of Line' stock.
Returns to Store
Unwanted products must be returned in or with their original packaging and receipt or proof of purchase. Parcels returned by post must be taken to any post office and obtain a receipt as proof of purchase. Hewitts accepts no liability for lost parcels.
For certain products and services we reserve the right to substitute alternative products or services of equal or greater quality and value at no extra cost to you if we experience supply difficulties. However, where this is the case, you will always have the right to accept or refuse any products or services that we substitute. If you choose to refuse any alternative product that we have substituted, we will offer a refund or replacement.
Free delivery on orders over £150
Free delivery applies within the UK Mainland Home Delivery when you spend £150 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address. The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions. Please see the Delivery Information section of our website for more information.
Product and service descriptions
We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that all products have been fairly described. However, when ordering products or services through the Website, please note that:
- Orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or services or their prices as advertised on this Website;
- All prices are displayed in pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT where applicable unless expressly indicated otherwise
- Packaging may vary from that shown on the Website;
- The weights, dimensions and capacities shown on the Website are approximate only;
- Whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery
- All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) or service(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative product(s) or service(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
Age restricted products
The purchase of certain products and services made available on the Website are subject to age requirements specified by law. We are not permitted by law to supply these products or services to individuals who do not satisfy these age requirements and, if you are underage, you must not attempt to order these products or services through the Website. We ask for your date of birth during registration on our website due to our Code of Practice on Age Restricted products whereby we cannot sell dangerous products to under 18 year olds (for e.g. scissors, darts etc.).
You agree that you will not use, sell or supply any product(s) purchased from Hewitts in an unlawful manner and, in particular, will comply with all export controls and sanctions rules.
Gift Vouchers and Promotional Voucher codes
Gift Vouchers can not be redeemed online. Gift Vouchers can be used only in store. Below are our policies on the use of Gift Vouchers
- May be used to purchase goods of a higher price than the amount on the voucher, on payment of the difference.
- Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for Hewitts products or to buy another gift voucher.
- Can be used only in the Hewitts store
- Are valid for 24 months from date stated on voucher. Any remaining balance will be cancelled on expiry of the validity period.
- Cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights, for example in the event they are not of satisfactory quality.
- Should be treated as cash, Hewitts will not accept liability if lost, stolen or damaged.
Promotional Voucher codes:
- Can be redeemed online at www.hewittsofcroydon.com (subject to the voucher codes terms and conditions)
- Orders placed on the website without using a Promotional Code on Promotional Days will not be amended/refunded to the amount of the discount percentage.
- All orders placed must have the Promotional code applied to them before payment has been processed.
- Promotional Codes are not valid on Scouts and Guides Badges and/or Publications and purchases made via Account
- Promotional codes are not valid on purchases made
Loyalty Card Scheme
Loyalty Reward Stickers are issued both in store and with online purchases for every £50 spent before carriage costs. When 10 Stickers are collected a £50 Loyalty Reward Voucher will be issued. Below are the Terms and Conditions of the Loyalty Reward Stickers and the £50 Reward Voucher:
Loyalty Reward Stickers
- Loyalty Reward Stickers will be issued per £50 spend on purchases made in a single transaction in store. Stickers will not be issued on amounts carried over from a previous transaction.
- Loyalty Reward Stickers may not be issued on all Special Offer Days and/or in conjunction with any other offer running in store subject to notice.
- Loyalty Reward Stickers will not be issued on any purchases made on a Trade account and/or Scouts & Guides Transactions made on an Account.
- Loyalty Reward Stickers have no cash value.
- Hewitts of Croydon reserve the right to Amend, Alter or Cancel Loyalty Reward Stickers without prior Notice
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Hewitts of Croydon is final.
- Hewitts of Croydon reserves the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Loyalty Reward Voucher
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher will be issued in receipt of 10 Loyalty Reward Stickers.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher will take 7 - 14 days to be processed from the date the Stickers are handed in. This voucher will be sent to your postal address.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher is valid in a single transaction, for one time use. Any remaining amount is not exchangeable with cash and will automatically be fortified if the transaction is less than £50.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher may be used to purchase Goods of a higher price than the amount on the voucher, on payment of the difference.
- Any additional cost exceeding this voucher will be paid by the redeemer.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher validation is required by authorised personnel only.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher is valid for 1 Year from issue date.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher can be redeemed on any Promotional Days.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher will be considered Null and Void without the Expiry Date and Authorised Signature being filled out and/or if tampered.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher will not be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen.
- The voucher is only valid at Hewitts of Croydon, 45-51 Church Street, Croydon, CR9 1QQ.
- The Loyalty Reward Voucher has no cash value.
- Hewitts of Croydon reserve the right to Amend, Alter or Cancel Loyalty Reward Stickers without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Hewitts of Croydon is final.
- Hewitts of Croydon reserves the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- This voucher entitles the bearer to redeem the product specified herein.
Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers
- A Virtual Loyalty Reward Sticker will be issued for every £50 spent online before carriage costs.
- Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers will not be issued for amounts carried over from a previous transaction.
- Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers are not redeemable in store.
- In-Store Loyalty Reward stickers can be transferred to an online account by bringing the Loyalty Card containing the stickers into the store or sending it via post to 45-51 Church Street, Croydon, CR9 1QQ.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Hewitts of Croydon is final.
- Hewitts of Croydon have the right to remove stickers from accounts in the event of any system error that occurs causing stickers to be incorrectly issued.
- Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers may not be issued on Special Discount Days or in conjunction with promotions running on the website.
- Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers will be removed from any account whereby a refund has been processed for an amount that brings the total below the earned sticker.
- Hewitts of Croydon have the right to Amend, Alter or Cancel Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers without prior notice.
- Hewitts of Croydon reserves the right to amend any of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
- An E-Voucher will be issued in receipt of 10 Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers.
- E-Vouchers are only valid for online purchases.
- In-Store Loyalty Vouchers are not valid for online purchases.
- You must spend a minimum of £50 for your E-Voucher to be redeemable.
- E-Vouchers have no expiry date.
- E-Vouchers are only valid for use on www.hewittsofcroydon.com.
- E-Vouchers will be generated for the account/email address that has earned 10 stickers. We will not transfer E-Vouchers to another account.
- E-Vouchers are valid in a single transaction and cannot be used more than once or redeemed in part.
- E-Vouchers are valid to purchase goods of an equal or higher value, on payment of the difference.
- Any additional cost exceeding the E-Voucher will be paid by the redeemer.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Hewitts of Croydon is final.
- Hewitts of Croydon have the right to Amend, Alter or Cancel Virtual Loyalty Reward Stickers and E-Vouchers without prior notice.
- Hewitts of Croydon have the right to amend any of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in these General Terms and Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these General Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or product manuals provided with the products). We cannot accept liability for damage to products we have supplied which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
In any event we will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.